Eat this amazing, healthy, high-protein pumpkin yogurt parfait with an oat crust for breakfast, pre-or post-workout snack, or dessert! It’s super easy to make and beyond scrumptious!
This parfait has three layers: high protein oat crust, yogurt filling, then a nice pumpkin spread. I like to dust it with ground cinnamon on top for an amazing touch and enjoy every single bite of this treat.
Why you should make this recipe now:
- it only takes 5 minutes in total to make
- use your leftover pumpkin puree
- no bake – we’re microwaving and using the same container to serve!
- Vegan option
- low fat
- high protein
- sugar free
- gluten free
- but free
- healthy – has lots of nutrition and antidioxants
- super delicious, although it tastes like dessert, this recipe is great for your health.
the ingredients may seem like a lot and very specific, but don’t worry – they’re all the same ingredients and I put many alternatives to each one for you 🙂
Ingredients + Substitutions
Oats – what kind of oats is totally up to you. Oat flour, quick oats, rolled or old-fashioned. This is one of the main ingredients to the crust, and I like to use this old-fashioned oats because it gives more texture.
Vegan Vanilla or Pumpkin Protein Powder – Pea or brown rice protein powder works well here, I use this one. The protein powder not only adds protein (duh) but also gives most of the sweetness to this crust. So, if you are using unflavoured protein powder, I highly recommend adding some sweetener. In that case, make sure to adjust the chia egg’s amount accordingly.
Chia egg, best if soaked overnight – I like my chia seed and water ratio 1:4, and please use this formula for this recipe. You may also need to add more or less water depending on your oats and protein powder. I like to soak the chia seeds overnight for better digestion and nutrition absorption, but if you don’t want to soak them overnight, you can just leave the chia seed mixture for 15 minutes before using.
Pumpkin spice – we’ve got pumpkin, of course, but we have to add some spice! I made my own pumpkin spice, and the ingredients are just down below. For me, the most important spice is cinnamon for sure, because or else why would this website be called I C Cinnamon? 😀
Yogurt – I use plain unflavoured no fat lactose-free greek yogurt (because I’m lactose intolerant) but if you’re vegan or dairy-free, please, use your favourite vegan yogurt. I use unflavoured because I’m adding my own sweetener. However, if you’d like to use flavoured, go ahead.
Vanilla protein powder or Sweetener of choice – this is to add some sweetness to the yogurt, and it’s completely optional. I use more protein powder because this one has stevia in it and adds sweetness. Feel free to use maple syrup, honey, sugar-free substitutes, or whatever sweetener you want. Since the amount is small, you don’t have to adjust the ingredient’s measurements. But once again, don’t forget to taste test!
Pure pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling, cuz it’s full of wacky ingredients, but if you only have that then use it 🙂 I use this canned organic pumpkin puree. Try to get ones that only has one ingredient in it – pumpkin.
Vanilla/pumpkin protein powder/sweetener of choice – again, optional, but I have a sweet tooth so yeah :D. See more about this ingredient in the yogurt filling section.
Pumpkin pie spice – see below.
Variations and Tips
Instead of pumpkin spread, feel free to use your own spread. For example, jam, Nutella, etc.
Microwave time depends on how crunchy you want the crust to be.
Add flavor to your yogurt!
Instead of layered pumpkin yogurt parfait with crust, make a quick and easy healthy high-protein granola recipe and enjoy!
- Mix well and taste test!
- I like to refrigerate the parfait for a bit before serving. Just my opinion though 🙂
- use clear microwave-safe jars or storage containers like this one. That way you can clean two fewer dishes and safe time.
Questions and Storage
You may also like these recipes:
Recipe and Video
Protein Layered Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait with Crust
Eat this amazing, healthy, high-protein pumpkin yogurt parfait with a oat crust for breakfast, pre- or post-workout snack, or dessert! It’s super easy to make and beyond scrumptious!
- ¼ cup chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds, 4 tbs water, for more info scroll up)
- ¼ cup gluten free oats (I use old fashioned oats)
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt (vegan if desired, preferably unflavored)
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla protein powder/sweetener of choice (optional)
- ½ cup pure pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder / sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- In a medium bowl, Add all the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Then add the chia egg and mix until a wet dough or very thick batter forms. If the batter is too dry, add 1 tbsp of water at a time and continue mixing
- Divide the mixture into two lightly greased microwave safe jars or containers ( I use clear ones so it looks more luxurious) and smooth the batter out at the bottom of your container.
- Microwave on high for 60-120 seconds, depending if you want a crunchy crust or soft crust. Once done, let cool by flipping the crust over, and flip it back over once cooled
Middle Layer – Yogurt
- In a medium bowl, mix yogurt and protein powder/sweetener of your choice. Divide the yogurt mixture onto the two crusts, smoothing the top
Top layer – pumpkin
- In a medium bowl, add all the pumpkin spread ingredients and combine. Repeat the step with yogurt filling, dividing the spread between two containers and smoothing it out.
- Dust with optional cinnamon on top. Serve immediately or refrigerate
Please put down your email address to get the recipes! (don't worry, we won't need or take any other info from you)