By now you’re probably used to seeing oven-steamed chicken breast recipes that call for coating the chicken with marinade. How about steaming a chicken breast with no oil or marinade, but still juicy and flavourful?
Well, I got you 🙂
Behold – the perfect juicy oven steamed chicken breast recipe, with no oil, no marinade!
This recipe only takes on ingredient to make – Chicken Breast.
Why should you be choosing chicken breast more?
Chicken breast is full of lean protein and it’s super easy to cook. 1 cup of chopped cooked chicken breast has 231 calories, 0 gram fat, and a whooping 43 grams of protein! Thus, it suits people who want to build lean muscle, lose weight, and for recovery.
The Equipment I Used / Recommend
Make sure to soak up the moisture of the raw chicken! The liquid from raw poultry meat can contain bacteria that is dangerous for your health.
Check your chicken – what I mean is that even the cook time is up, cut one chicken open to see if it’s really fully cooked. Your oven and the size of the chicken breast are variables to the cook time and temperature, so please check to make sure if it is fully cooked.
Remember to rotate the pan each time you take it out to ensure your chicken cooks evenly!
Storage and Freezing
To store, simply let the chicken cool down completely and place them in a airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
To freeze, let the chicken cool down completely, then place them in a freezer friendly bag and adding a piece of parchment paper in between layers of chicken.
Or, you can wrap each chicken in parchment paper and freeze. By freezing chicken, you/re keeping them fresh for up to 9 months.When you’re ready to eat the chicken, take your desired portion out and defrost. After that you can just reheat it however you want. Sometimes I reheat it in the microwave.
If you like this recipe, check these out!
paperOven Steamed Chicken Breast, no Oil, no MarinadeCourse: All, dinner, lunchCuisine: allDifficulty: Medium
you’re probably used to seeing chicken breast recipes that require oil and marinade. How about baked chicken breast with no oil or marinade, but still juicy and delicous?
Chicken breast, defrosted
Pepper, Garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200c /390f and put paper towel on top of your cutting board.
- Taking one chicken breast at a time, place the chicken breast on top of the paper towel(s) and soak the moisture and liquid out. After that, cut out the fatty parts of the chicken (white parts).
- Cut the chicken breast in half horizontally if it’s very thick. Place the chicken breast on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat with all the other chicken breasts and remember to space each chicken breast out.
- Sprinkle the seasonings evenly on both sides of the chicken and bake for 15 minutes
- Take the chicken out of the oven, cover the top of the tray and chicken with one large piece of aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Pour the oil from the chicken away and bake for another 15-25 minutes, untill the chicken is fully cooked. Make sure to rotate the pan for even cooking.
Please put down your email address to get the recipes! (don't worry, we won't need or take any other info from you)